Last Updated 29th March 2020
- TELEHEALTH CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE FOR ALL PATIENTS
- We are equipped to see our patients in a virtual care environment using telehealth.
- Ask our reception staff regarding your options.
- FACE TO FACE CONSULTATIONS
- Continue where necessary with appropriate precautions being taken for your safety
- Screening, social distancing, temperature testing, cleaning and disinfection measures continue.
- SKIN CANCER AND MELANOMA SURGERY
- Continues for Category 1 and urgent Category 2 cases with appropriate precautions being taken for your safety.
- Your dermatologist will advise you of the urgency of your surgery
- INFORMATION FOR BIOLOGIC PATIENTS
- We currently do not know the impact of immunosuppresion with corona virus.
- We however recommend you cease biologic or other immunosuppressant until further notice is given by your dermatologist.
- Action Plan if fever or respiratory symptoms develop
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline: 1800 020 080 or visit the www.healthdirect.gov.au/coronavirus for advice and inform of your immunosuppression.
- Work from home if possible and a medical certificate will be provided if required.
- To have the Flu-vax when available for the 2020 influenza season.
- Adhere to Government and Department of Health advice regarding travel, social distancing, self isolation etc.
Should you have any concerns or queries regarding your upcoming surgery or consultation please do not hesitate to contact us 9328 5007 or email@example.com